Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm not loving CVS

Okay so I am trying to start this new project this year.

We as a family are not going to purchase any items unless we have a coupon for it! It's going to be a strange challenge. Definitely going WAY out of our comfort zone being in the " I want it now, got to have the newest things" generation.

I have been encouraged by a friends blog http://pinchthisstretchthat.blogspot.com/. She's got some amazing tips and tricks and I find great advice there.

Well tonight I think I was over zealous and highly ambitious thinking I was going to conquer CVS and take advantage of these ECB's!

How come I walked out of CVS spending $74 dollars and using $14 dollars in coupons? I got a bunch of these "extra bucks" on my receipt that printed out. But I didn't get to enjoy these dollars on this purchase! So apparently I am not learning anything about how to enjoy this "free" money.

Now I have these $12 in ECB's...but what do I do with them?

The only happy purchase I got tonight was my laundry detergent. I purchased 3 (32 load) bottles of All. CVS had them on sale for $3.99 each. I had a $1.00 off coupon plus a $3.00 off coupon with the purchase of 2. So I basically paid $2.99 each for these 3 bottles of detergent. I am tempted to get more since that will be an easy item for me to stock pile up.

I am not giving up....but am determined to learn about this great ECB mystery!

1 comment:

  1. What in the world did you buy to spend $74.00, well actually $88.00 with your coupons? We definitely need to talk, or shop together.. LOL. The way to reduce your out of pocket expense is to roll your ECB's So that $12.00 you have, you need to use it to buy stuff that is going to get you more ECB's - therefore recyclying their money. BTW.. Your not going to have a coupon for everything you buy, and only use your coupon towards I sale price. I'll do a special post just for you! Oh! I can't wait for a post from when you LOVE CVS!!

    ReplyDelete

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories