Monday, January 11, 2010

CVS ....am I really saving any money??

I think I am getting the hang of this......sort of

I feel like I am having to retrain my mind on this CVS shopping experience.  What I have taught myself over the past 17 years of shopping is that I have to get enough groceries to last me 2 weeks.

In reality - if this CVS, ECB's thing is going to work, I am definitely going to have to throw that out the window!!  I am stuck....

I am having a hard time passing up some pretty decent deals (no ECB reawards), and then feeling guilty for not saving the coupon because next week there could be a ECB attached to the thing!!

Is this normal???

This GUILT???

I am going to list out my purchases now......I think my PCA (Personal Coupon Advisor) is not going to be happy:

1st Transaction

** Green Bag Reward - HOLLA**
1 Fiber One Bar (2 boxes) $6.99
1 Honey Nut Cheerios (2 boxes) $7.99
1 Bx Kleenex $1.89
1 Bx Kleenex $1.89
1 Bx Kleenex $1.89

Coupon's Used:

40c/1 box of Fiber One
40c/1 box of Fiber One
$1/1 box of Honey Nut Cheerios
$1/1 box of Honey Nut Cheerios
ECB used $4.00

Saved $6.80, total purchase $14.31
Earned $7.00 ECB's!

Not too bad.

Now I was under the impression that CVS accepts other competitors coupons ( like Walgreens), but apparently they don't!  So this kind of messed up my next deal but I still didn't do too bad.

2nd Transaction:
**Cashier said only 1 scan of the Green Bag a day!  NO FAIR**

4 Cans Campbells Ready to Eat Soup 2 for $3
1 32cnt Bayer Aspirin $1.99
1 32cnt (plus a free one!) $1.99
1 Loreal Everpure Shampoo $5.99
1 Bag Halls $2.69
1 Bag Halls $2.69 (this is where my deal messed up, Walgreens had these on sale for .99c each!)

Coupon's Used
.50c off 1 Can Campbells Soup
.50c off 1 Can Campbells Soup
.50c off 1 Can Campbells Soup
.50c off 1 Can Campbells Soup
$1/1 Bayer 24 Cnt or Higher
$1/1 Bayer 24 Cnt or Higher
$1/ 2 Bags Halls
$2/1 Bottle Loreal Shampoo
$3.00 ECB's Used

Saved $15.36, $10 in Coupons used

No ECB's Earned, but still have $4 remaining from previous purchase.

So this is my dilema.  I couldn't pass up the Bayer since I was technically only paying .99c for each bottle.  To me that's a pretty good deal.

I am still trying to figure out all the tricks and so far am determined to get better at this.

I think I need to start breaking up my purchases more and get used to maybe going to CVS daily VS my previous mind set of stocking up on every good deal now.

I do have a regret....I wish I had more of those OUST! Coupons!  That was such a GOOD DEAL!!

I am drooling over those ECB's!

1 comment:

  1. PCC Here.. Loving the fact that you are looking for the best deals! Just think about how before you would have paid full price for it all. The first transaction wasn't so bad. Although you could have found it cheaper. How you used and earned the ECB's you only ended up paying roughly $1.00 per each item, which doesn't make that bad. Trans 2, the question is whether you needed it now? If so, you did a great job on saving even though you didn't get any ECB's. If you didn't need it now, you could have waited and saved more down the road. Overall think about how much you've spent and how much you have right now. Do you find that your stockpile is growing?

    ReplyDelete

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories