Saturday, January 9, 2010

Albertson's Deals

I had a great day at Albertsons!  'Pinch this, Stretch That' would be proud!!

I went to Smith's first because they are having their cases sale.  I got the Hormel Chili w/beans for $10.56 (12 cans) - that's 88cents a can! Plus the Kroger Tomato Sauce for $5.99 (24 cans) - that's 24cents a can!

I did splurge -- but it was on something I was going to buy anyway --.  We purchased the "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" movie for $19.99  BUT I received $3.00 off for spending at least $30.00.

All in all - I spent $33.54 (not too bad)

Now my Albertson's was much better!!

I specifically went for the deal on Progressive Soup and the Cereal Deal.

Add had .99c cans of Progressive Soup with a 10$ purchase ( limit 4 cans).  I had 2 coupons that Albertson's honored:

Buy 3 cans of Progressive Soup - Coupon Amount: $1.10
Buy 2 cans of Progressive Soup - Coupon Amount: .50c

With this deal I was able to get 4 cans (max purchase):
4 cans at .99c each = $3.96
1st coupon - $1.10 = $2.86
2nd coupon -.50c   = $2.36
coupon doubled      = $1.86

So for 4 cans of soup I paid .46c per can!  For a soup that normally costs $2.49 each!  GREAT DEAL!! Check out the Alberston's Deals Blog Here

For the Cereal deal - I was a little bummed because I didn't read 2 of my coupons correctly and I couldn't use them.  But over all ..I didn't do too bad.

The deal Albertson's was offering was 2 for $4 on General Mills cereals.  The kids picked out their fav's (Cocoa Puffs and Cinnamon Toast Crunch).

I had a coupon for $1 off on Coco Puffs but I mistakenly grabbed the wrong one for the Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I purchased 4 boxes of cereal ( 2 each of each kind).

For the Cocoa Puffs I received $1 off - so I only paid $1.50 each ( not horrible)

But I did pay full price for the other.

So you can see I made 2 Rookie mistakes by not reading my coupons correctly.

Not that I am blaming them, but I did have the kids with me so my concentration wasn't 100 %.  I know now that I need to leave them at home until I get more familiar with the coupon game.  I find this challenging and wish I had more time to commit to it.  I am enjoying some of the deals I am finding...and am already combing through my new CVS add!

This lady is amazing!  Here's her book:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories