Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 Budget Challenge - Week 1

So for my first week in the 2010 Budget Challenge I didn't do too badly.

The budget consists of $25.00 per person.  So I have a $100.00 weekly for my family of 4.

This week I had some learning challenges with CVS, but I think I am starting to get the hang of it!  I will be heading out to Albertsons today to see what deals I can get there.

Here is a snap shot of my money spent so far:

CVS: $96.41 (this does include the big mistake of the $74 purchase)

Eating out: $5.81 (I was starving!)
Fresh and Easy: $29.45
-----------------------------
$114.53

I know I am already over budget and I still need to pick up a few items today.  But for the most part, on average I was spending about $250 a week on groceries and eating out.  This week we didn't eat out once!  I had to on Wednesday night because I work late and everyone else had already ate and was at church.  But I got a kids meal and didn't eat the whole thing...Walt finished it for me.  So technically that's a savings since it fed 2 people!

I am going to try preparing some items ahead....since I killed myself this week to make dinner every night and we were practically eating before bed time.  That made me crazy!

Here's a neat book I saw on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories