Friday, May 15, 2009

Catching up

I never got to tell how wonderful mother's day was! I had one of the best weekends ever! There was no pressure to cook or clean. I was taken care of like a queen.

We celebrated on Saturday because my brother in law had a Family lunch planned for Macaroni Grill on Sunday for my mother in law.

My Saturday was awesome! Kids were in great moods I was catching up on items online while watching the kids and Walt play in the back yard. *Sigh* It was awesome and relaxing.

I got treated to dinner at Outback via the Thomas Family living room! I literally was in bummy clothes all day long and was starving but didn't want to cook. Well Walt took care of that by getting some Outback to go and we were happy as Larks!

And then j ust before putting the kids to bed....I got this. Yes it's another new Dooney and Bourke! I was so excited! My Walt thinks these purses are ridiculous! He doesn't understand the beauty of these purses. The smell of the leather, the longevity and the fact that they
NEVER go out of style. These are purses that I will eventually give to Keelee and they will still be awesome. They are like art! This one is perfect. It has little Lady Bugs crawling around on it! I almost died...cause everyone knows how much I love Lady Bugs. It was a perfect gift.





So needless to say...My mother's day was awesome. Then on Sunday it was also a nice treat. After church we all went to Macaroni Grill and had a wonderful lunch with the whole family. Uncle Aaron treated all of us to our meals so that was a nice surprise. Uncle John got us mother's cards which was sweet. Mom in law got me a bunch of girly lotions and a movie I have been wanting....but the best gift I got....Was a framed picture of Nerissa's Great Grandmother and her husband in Tennessee I believe sitting on a horse drawn wagon! The picture is in black and white and it's amazing! I have seen this picture in mom in laws house for YEARS! Since I started dating Walt 18 years ago. I almost cried.

Larry and Nerissa have always made me feel like I am apart of the family so don't get me wrong when I say this. But that picture made me feel like I REALLY was now an official part of the family. Isn't that crazy?

Ahhh...so that was an awesome weekend. I will treasure those memories forever!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories