Friday, May 8, 2009

Books - Bone Crossed and Dead and Gone

So my lovely friend Crista told me the best news about 2 weeks ago about our favorite author Patricia Briggs and her new book Bone Crossed. I could have just kissed Crista because I have been dying to read more about Mercy and the men in her life.

So I got it a week ago and didn't put it down for 2 days. It was SOOO good. I love the fact that my favorite Vamp Stefan didn't die...I was so worried! And of course that my other favorite "rogue" alpha Samuel is alive and well. Then of course there is Adam....

Now this book is amazing....I felt it really put some of my questions into perspective and was absolutely intriguing with all of the "ghost" activity. I think this is by far one of my favorite of the Mercy series...in my heart I still kind of want Mercy and Sam to hook up..but at the same time I know Adam is meant for her. I love the "love triangle"...Bless you Patricia Briggs for writing such a great book! Can't wait to see what Mercy does next....

My other favorite Author of the True Blood series Charlaine Harris has written another book about my favorite little country hick - Sookie Stackhouse....

Let's see...I got the book on Tuesday thru my pre-order at Amazon and I finished reading it tonight. I know I am a little slack on this...but in my defense I have also started a new job and was also reading the rough copy of Edward Cullen's story off the Stephanie Meyers Website..."Midnight". Check it out when you have a second....it's very good!

Any who - back to Sookie. So Sookie finds herself back at the bar, the big reveal of wereanimals is happening and everything seems hunky-dory. Yeah right! Not with a name like Sookie Stackhouse! I find myself enjoying each of these books even more with each one released. I am a late bloomer to the "True Blood" series. I haven't watched any of them on TV, but the books are so wonderful I hate to be disappointed by the series. But I do have it on back order through Netflix..I'm sure it will be a good series (crossing fingers). This was an excellent book...Sookie and Eric hooked up alot more...Bill even came back briefly...I think Amelia is right...Sookie is going to have trouble no matter where she goes! Awesome book....read it if you haven't already! Can't wait to see which of those vampires is in love with Sookie!

Some other authors that I am really enjoying right now are: Gena Showalter, Melissa Mayhue, James Rollins and of course my favorite Christine Feehan ( I would love to see a new Drake sisters novel - heard one was coming out soon!)

I don't know if she will ever read my blogs but I do need to thank Trae for encouraging me to read other genre's instead of just historical romances. I know these books tend to be a little graphic with love scenes...but if you get past those....and can really enjoy the book for the adventure it creates in your mind it's sooo worth it! Don't be affraid to read outside your comfort zone! You never know what you will enjoy!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories