Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Am I only blogging about Coupons now....?

It does seem this way......and by looking at my last few posts.....yep....I am hooked on the coupon game!!

But I always said I would do this blog as my way to talk about what's going on in my life.....so right now the Coupon thing is very exciting to me!!

My good friend PCA (Personal Coupon Advisor) has brought it to my attention....and I admit, this is what my blog is focused on right now.

The Thomas Family will be going on a big vacation in April and right now we are in hard core Save mode as we don't want to put any of our vacation on a credit card.  Well in order for us to save the cash needed I am becoming a CW - that's Coupon Warrior for most you city folks -

Since we will be driving our vehicle we will need to purchase new tires for it which will be about $900 bucks.   We are going to be gone for at least 2 weeks, staying in motels and eating out.  Not to mention Gas! For just our motels and eating expenses alone I am budgeting at least $1200.  For Gas I am saying no less then $700.  So to be safe our goal is to have at least $2600 in cash while on vacation.

We do have our tax returns coming up, but we don't usually get back as much since we like to have more money throughout the year, instead of getting a bigger check once a year.

That will be at least $1000.

And I still need to save up for medical expenses since at my work my deductable went up from $750 last year to $1050!  I want to get that saved up ASAP so that I already have the money set aside...and if we don't use it all then we will add it to our Christmas fund at the end of the year.

So as you can see we have a lot of money to save up before we go on vacation....which is why these great couponing deals are a must have for me right now.

I think I will though be posting how my budget saving is going.

We did have about $200 saved from the last check for the tires - but....Hubby got sick and we had to take him to the ER....so about $175.00 bucks later...turns out he has Gall stones!  I thank God we had that money set aside or that would have gone on a credit card.  Which is something we aren't using in 2010 either. 

Lot's to do...very little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories