Saturday, January 16, 2010

2010 Budget Challenge Update - Week 2

Coming to the end of the week I am looking back and reflecting on all the great deals I got!

I did go over budget again, but this week at Smith's they were having their cases sale and I couldn't pass up some of the deals since they only do these a couple of times a year in Vegas.

The great news is that we didn't eat out AT ALL this week!!!  This is unheard of!  We usually eat out all weekend long and at least 1x weekly.  Even after my daughters dance class on friday - we marched home and I made chilli dogs for dinner.  It was quick and easy - definitely cheaper!

Here is what how the money was spent this week:

Big Lots (great bread prices) $7.80
Fresh and Easy (Beg of week) $47.68
Walgreens $11.60
Smiths (1 Case (Tuna) and Jerky)$39.65
CVS (earned a few ECB's) $19.51
Fresh and Easy (great beef prices, stocked up on misc stuff) $ 51.46
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Spent: $177.71

The weekly budget is set at $100 dollars - so you can see how much I went over.

I am not fretting though.

I was able to get some really great deals this week and am watching my stock pile grow.  I am still spending considerably less then I would normally.

I do notice I am stopping more frequently at the store for the fresh items, like fruit and veggies.

But for the most part I feel very confident that I am heading to an even lower grocery bill next week.

Overall this week I was able to save: $60.07 off my bill just by taking some advice from my PCC (Personal Coupon Consultant):

By looking at the sale adds, using coupons whenever possible and being brand flexible, I was able to reduce a hefty amount off my bill.

I am very excited so far and can't wait to look back on these posts in a few months to see how far I have come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories