Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thomas Family Camping Trip 2009





So we went camping for Walt's Birthday in Utah. We had a blast! The wind was a little annoying but not so much that it made us want to leave.

We stayed for 2 nights and even camped in a tent! We cooked all the meals on the campfire stove. There is nothing like camping food. I don't understand how you can cook a hamburger or a hotdog out in the woods and it tastes better then anything! Could be because all your energy is wasted and anything tastes good!

We arrived on Friday and set up camp and passed out! We were tired. Kids slept really well. Walt and I slept in separate areas. He has a cot and I have an air mattress and we didn't think we would have enough room on the air mattress and we didn't want to be uncomfortable. Well the first night was so cold and I am claustrophobic so it's hard for me to sleep inside a sleeping bag. So my first night wasn't very good. So the next day we had to get our fishing licenses. Well every gas station we went to claimed their websites were down for the licensing. So we ended up having to drive all the way into St. George ( we were outside of Pinevalley) and going to the local K-Mart to get everything we needed. Then we were on our way back to camp to get our fishing gear.

We fished at a little reservoir called Baker Lake and we actually caught a couple of fish! It was really fun. I caught a fish and Walt caught a fish. Owen also almost caught one but it jumped off his line when he was really it in. It was almost to the shore and everything! He was a little sad..but he got over it quick. Keelee got bored with the fishing and just explored around the area and I got to read and relax. It was really a fun time. Very relaxing!!

That night I finally convinced Walt to sleep with me. It was the best night of sleep EVER! We should have done that on the first night. I was toasty warm all night and we both fit perfectly on the air mattress. Don't know why I was so worried.

Of course the best part of our trip was that I didn't get sick at all! I had to take my stomach medicines but other then that I felt pretty okay. Which I was pretty worried about because I have been feeling so horrible for the past 2 months and we have been planning this camping trip since February..so I really wanted to go. But we got a camp right next to the bathrooms and the bathrooms were really clean so I felt totally comfortable if I had to use the bathroom alot (thanks goodness I didn't though).

So Thomas Family camping trip 2009 was a success! This was our first time camping without Grandma and Grandpa (which the kids were really upset about at first, but got over it quickly) and I must say...Walt and I have discovered that....WE ARE TOO OLD FOR TENT CAMPING!! We are definitely going to be looking into getting a camper before we head out on another adventure!

TTFN...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories