Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kids Say the Darnedest Things!

As any mother knows no matter how much love we have for our children, they also have this ability to work the last little bit of patience we have in us!!

Last night on the way home from Keelee's cheer practice we decided to stop by Big Lots to get a small treat since the kids had a great week of school.  Now I let the kids spend their own hard earned money.  A whole $5 bucks once a month, so they are learning about earning and how to practically spend their money as well.  I started doing this about 3 months ago and it is amazing!  It seems like the stuff they buy they take better care of.  It's just bonus for me because I get to see them really bargain shop for the best deals, and they love handing over their money.  I am trying to get them to not spend all of their money at one time, so they can "roll-over" dollars to the next month.  But of course they have no patience for that....it will come though.  And I am digressing here...back to the main point.

So we check out of Big Lots, it's 7pm and Owen want's to open his toy in the truck (he has asked me twice in the store).

Me - "No Owen, it's dark and you can't see since it's night time I don't want you to lose any pieces"

Owen - "But Mom, I can see just fine.  See there are street lights.  I can see"

Me - "No you can't.  Don't make me say it again.  Just keep it in the bag, we will be home in 10 minutes, you can play with it then"

Owen - "Fine"

A last minute detour and we decided  to pick up Port of Subs and grab a movie.  As I am pulling up to Port of Subs, the lights from the store are shining into our truck and I hear a little voice in the back "Oh goody, I can open my toy now cause there is LIGHT!"

Me - "WHAT did you just say?  I know you did not just ask to open that toy, when we talked about it 5 minutes ago and the answer was NO.  So please tell me what you just said?!?"

Silence....

Owen - "I love you Mom"

Me - I busted up laughing so hard that I was crying!  My little jokester who has PERFECT comedic timing, had me in stiches.

This is one of those moments I look back on and I smile.

Kids - they say the Darnedest Things!

1 comment:

  1. Henry is like that. I'll yell at him and he'll come over to me grab my face and give me a big kiss. After that I forget everything - At 2 he already has me wrapped around his finger.

    ReplyDelete

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories