Sunday, February 28, 2010

I am the baby sitters club...

I am watching a friends child over the weekend cause I am an awesome friend darnit!  LOL.

Actually I get myself worked up for a horrible weekend, with kids that aren't getting along or having to break up a ton of fights.  So when my weekend doesn't look anything like that ...I start to wonder.

Why do I always prepare myself for the negative?  Instead of pumping myself up for a great weekend, I am pumping myself up for a bad weekend.  Does that make any sense?  Not to me!!

So not am I preparing for the bad weekend, when the weekend comes to an end I reflect back and think "Well that went alot better then I expected".

Am I preparing myself mentally for the negative weekend to just be surprised by the positive weekend?  It's like praying for the worst and hoping for the best.

I am deciding this is not healthy emotional preparation.  Going forward I am going to either leave things up in the air with some preparation for different activities or plan for a positive, fun good time!!

Overall - this weekend has worked out great.  All the kids have been getting along great and we've been having a lot of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories