Saturday, August 8, 2009

Liberty Mutual Life Ins

Got a letter in the mail yesterday from Liberty Mutual Life Insurance Company. They are the private INS company that my work (HSBC) uses for FMLA and STD claims.

If you read my blog last month about my long drawn out diagnosis of IBS then you know the frustrations I have had with this company.

So my letter says "after our doctors have reviewed the additional medical information you have supplied, we still my stick with our first decision to deny your claim of payment. You may rebuttal this decision through a class action law suite".

I am baffled....and very concerned. Granted I was not dying, even though most days I was in so much pain I was literally just laying on the couch or bed unable to move. My concern is they kept saying I should have been able to perform my phone job.

Whats interesting about that though is when I received my first denial letter from LMLI they stated my job as a "Senior Collector" was to : Take escalated calls from associates, relieve managers when needed, follow up on accounts that require additional investigation and answer general questions as needed. What I find interesting here is that my job is nothing like this! I was on the phones for 7 hrs a day calling people and asking them to pay their bill.

So do I have an issue with what HSBC considers a "Senior Collector"? Heck yes! That is a bogus job description. I never once "relieved a manager" or "took an escalated call" or any of the other items in the letter from LMLI.

At this point and time...I am done....I am throwing in the towel on this one. I am not going to pursue a class action law suite just to get back the 1200 dollars I had to used out of my savings account to pay for my expenses while not working. I don't feel it's worth it.

What have I learned from this experience? That I have to make my doctor be specific on their notes in my medical charts. I need to have them specify in great detail on any paper work from the INS company going forward.

Thank heavens that when my doctor completed my FMLA extension she mentioned in my paper work that with IBS I will have no control over when a flare up happens OR how long it will last. It can last any where from 7 days to several weeks. But do I feel like this will cover me if I ever have another flare up? No I don't. I have no faith what so ever in this new INS company my work is using. If anyone who suffers from IBS is reading this. You know how a flare up works. It's miserable! I still have a "slip" about once a week. But it's not enough to make me have to use my FMLA time.

We have also talked about cancelling our private insurances we have with Liberty Mutual as a result of this whole fiasco with the LMLI. I have my personal home and car insurances with Liberty Mututal. Safe to say at this point we are going to be shopping around for a new company immediately and when I cancel my private policies with Liberty Mutual I am going to make sure they know I am cancelling because of my denial of benefit pay from their LMLI section.

Since when do private INS companies know more then Doctors? I know that they have their own doctors that review their paper work. But what cracks me up is those doctors don't see you face to face. They rely only on paper work. It's not fair!

But wake up America - cause if Obama gets his way on this new Insurance plan....get used to more of this treatment from Insurance companies.....this is one of the reasons Obama didn't get my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?@?

Name: Thomas Family
Occupation: Family Unity
Education: Parent's of twins *double the trouble*
Here for: Good times and Family memories